Holding an ear candle for yourself while you're home alone.
This seemed like a perfectly logical thing to do at the time. My ear hurt, and the candles worked before. It seemed easy enough. That is until I lit the thing while sitting indian style in front of my floor length mirror on my hardwood floor. That flame was a lot bigger than I remembered it being. That's when I realized it was not the brightest thing to do, which of course I didn't think of until after I was in the midst of it all. As per usual.
BUT!!! I did not set my head or the house on fire. However, my ear still hurts. I have one more candle, but I suppose I could make my husband hold it for me.