Pages

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Ichiban

Ichiban means "first one" in Japanese, or so I've been told.



Ichiban is my first painting of the new year, my first painting in oils, and our friend's very awesome dog.



This was painted on a leftover piece of wood from our new deck. We finished building it after Thanksgiving. Our friends helped us build and dedicate it before they moved away. I don't think I've ever made anything more fitting.

And I should give a shout out to my new friend...



Hello baby.

This post has been brought to you by Artograph, courtesy of the great and wonderful Kenneth. This was my Christmas present from my husband. Previously, transferring sketches to be painted was a huge pain in the ass, not to mention a several hour endeavor. Thanks to you Arty, my life is 10,000 times easier.

Have a good weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Girl!! Wow- I never knew you were so talented!! How cool is that? We might have to have a chat sometime, about getting a portrait done of our Jo the Wonder Nanny Dog!

    Looking forward to seeing you and Finn this month!! Give him a cookie from Dear Husband ;)
    AND STAY WARM!!!

    ReplyDelete